Development and Public Relations Manager
Educational Requirements: Bachelors degree in a related field
Experience Required: Two – five (2-5) years of experience in nonprofit fundraising, public relations, and communications
Basic Function: Responsible for all fundraising, marketing/public relations, and communications for this nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization including creating and implementing a strategic approach to fundraising and marketing/public relations which includes major gifts, corporate donations, special events, in-kind resources, publications, social media, and volunteer groups. Reports to CEO.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Skilled in a variety of writing formats
• Proficient with Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop, and desktop publishing
• Knowledgeable of social media formats and applications
• Experienced in delivering professional public speaking presentations to diverse groups
• Capable of managing multiple projects and personal schedule simultaneously
• Able to work with a variety of people in a diplomatic manner
• Plan, implement, and analyze fund development activities
• Collaborate with the CEO and appropriate board committees to structure and manage a fund development plan to support the strategic direction of the organization
• Develop policies and procedures which reflect best fundraising practices
• Develop and manage timelines for various fundraising activities
• Assist CEO with grant applications
• Oversee the planning and execution of special fundraising events
• Identify and develop corporate, community, and individual prospects for the organization’s fundraising priorities
• Oversee the administration of a donor mailing list and database
• Oversee donor stewardship, pledge reminders, in-kind donations, and other processes
• Work with CEO, Board of Directors, and Volunteer Coordinator to engage volunteers
• Monitor, evaluate, and report all fundraising activities to ensure the fundraising goals are met
• Develop, implement, and report activities of a comprehensive communication plan including media relations
• Promote and maximize public awareness of the activities of the organization
• Assist CEO in tours of the facility, agency presentations, speaking engagements to our target audience, and training of board and staff
• Coordinate the design, printing, and distribution of marketing and communication materials
• Assist CEO in building relationships with community stakeholders to advance the mission and fundraising goals of the organization
• Prepare, implement, and report activities of a comprehensive social media plan
• Manage the agency website as well as Constant Contact, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
• Align activities with organizational mission
• Develop and maintain brand standards
• Other duties are required
Must have valid driver license, reliable transportation, and pass background check and pre-employment drug screening.
This position works in a typical office setting as well as a variety of offsite locations. Evening and weekend hours are required from time to time. There may be extended periods of sitting, standing, and/or bending; listening, talking, and/or visual concentration; writing and/or computer use.
Hours and Salary: 37.5 hours per week: $40K-$45K annualized depending on experience. Benefits include health, dental, life, and long-term disability insurance; 403(b); paid time off; and paid holidays.
To Apply for this Job: Send resume with cover letter and three professional references to: email@example.com by April 21, 2023. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. No telephone calls will be accepted.
Upward Transitions prohibits discrimination against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, religion, national origin, color, gender, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic with regard to any terms and conditions of employment.